Sending or Receving Bitcoin
How Do You Create a Coinbase Account?
After being armed with this information, here are the simple steps on how to create a Coinbase account in 2019:
Step 1: Create an Account:
- From a web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari, go to https://www.coinbase.com/
- At the right-hand menu, click on ‘Get Started’.
- In the spaces provided, carefully enter your ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘Email Address’, and ‘Password’ (for security reasons, choose an alphanumeric password combination, it’s most secure when the indicator turns green).
- Accept the terms and conditions by ticking the checkbox.
- Click on ‘Create Account’.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- You can optionally choose to allow email notifications.
Step 2: Verify Email and Phone Number
- Next, go to your email and click the confirmation message from Coinbase in order to activate your account.
- You’ll be redirected to a page to choose your country and enter your phone number.
- Click on ‘Send Code’.
- A seven-digit code will be sent to your number, enter it in the text field, and then click on ‘Submit’.
Step 3: Verify Identity:
According to Coinbase, financial regulators demand that it requests personal information about customers it serves on its platform. It can be assumed that this is in a bid to meet the KYC requirements in order to curb money laundering and other criminal use of cryptocurrencies.
Accordingly, you’ll need to provide details such as your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Street Address
- Postal Code
- What will you use Coinbase for
- Your source of funds
- Current Occupation
Keep in mind that you need to supply the correct information because you will need to present either a driver’s license, passport, or photo identification in order to complete your account registration on the Coinbase platform.
However, these requirements may differ depending on the country you’re registering from and if it is the U.S, for instance, it is mandatory to supply them before you can trade. Other countries may not require it and if that’s so in your case, you can proceed to trade with your newly created account (check step 4).
- Choose a type of ID such as ‘Passport,’ ‘Driver’s License,’ or ‘Photo ID’.
- If it’s Photo ID you’ve settled for, then you choose between taking a picture or presenting an existing ID.
- If you have settled to take a live picture of your ID, proceed to turn on your webcam by clicking on ‘Allow’ on the pop-up notification.
- First, you’ll need to take a picture of the front of your ID and as such, select ‘I’m ready’.
- Now, capture the back of your ID and select ‘Next’.
- And finally, a personal picture of yourself.
- Once you’ve submitted these items, Coinbase will begin an automatic verification of your account.
- Upon verification, you can start trading on Coinbase.
Step 4: Buy, Sell, and Trading Using Coinbase Wallet
Now that your Coinbase account has been set up, you can start trading on the platform right away. You can also opt to buy bitcoin on Coinbase using your credit card or bank on the U.S. based cryptocurrency exchange. You can also proceed to set up two-factor authentication to secure your account.
After going through these steps on how to create a Coinbase account, you’ll agree that it’s pretty easy. Owning a Coinbase account means that you can store your cryptocurrencies on Coinbase’s built-in wallets which makes you trade between virtual assets without the need to transfer back and forth from your hardware wallet. Nonetheless, users are always advised not to leave so much that they can afford to lose on exchanges since they may still be susceptible to some level of attack.
Tuesday, January 7, 2020